Like many businesses across the UK, we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and following the advice provided by UK health authorities.
We have also introduced a series of measures to protect our clients and colleagues, including:
- Reinforcing our comprehensive cleaning regimes across all public shared areas.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning, particularly of surfaces that are often touched, such as bannisters and door handles.
- Ensuring all toilet facilities are clean and continually topped up with soap.
- And providing additional hand sanitiser to public and staff areas, whenever it can be sourced.
Currently all areas of Mevagissey Harbour are operating as normal, but we will be reviewing operating procedures as and when we get scientific and government updates.
Obviously we encourage as little direct contact as is possible, so where practical use online payment methods and telephone enquiries (Harbour Office 01726 843305)
In the meantime, we are encouraging all clients and visitors to check local and national news updates.
How can you help?
Look after yourself and others by following this simple public health advice:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds each time.
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water isn’t available.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
We will beat this, so keep calm and help each other whenever it’s practical.
Matthew Wheeler – Harbour Master
Chris Gilbertson – Clerk to the Harbour Trustees